Why Yatton House?
At Yatton House you are our priority. Our person centred approach means we work with you to create opportunities tailored to your specific needs and aspirations. Our outcome focused programs of activities and learning opportunities ensure you embark on a fulfilling journey allowing you to progress and realise your full potential. The activities available to you are aimed at enhancing wellbeing, promoting independence and providing opportunities to learn new skills which may lead to volunteering or paid employment.
Community engagement is a fundamental element of our service and you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of offsite and community based activities alongside those hosted at Yatton House. The following is an overview of what you can expect at Yatton House:
- Sports & Games – Swimming, Keep Fit, Boccia, Table Tennis, and Gym
- Cooking & Baking – Learn to cook healthy meals in our fully accessible independent living skills kitchen.
- Drama, Music, & Dance – Star in one of our plays or musicals or perhaps take part a backstage role.
- Arts & Craft – Painting, drawing, model making, pottery, drama props…..let your creative side shine through.
- Digital Skills – Learn how to search for information and create digital content.
- Let’s Go! – Get out in the community for a countryside walk, or an organised visit to a local club, business, or community service.
What You Can Expect
When you become a member of Yatton House we will work with you to understand your needs and set you off on one of our outcome focused Learning Pathways.
Our Wellbeing pathway is structured to meet health and social outcomes through a therapeutic approach. You will grow in confidence through participation in group activities aimed at enhancing your creativity, inclusion, sensory awareness and fitness.
Our Independence pathway offers outcome based skills development and learning across a range of activities aimed at building your confidence and ability to live more independently. You will learn practical skills and be encouraged to share opinions and take part in, and lead, group discussions.
On our Enterprise pathway you will develop Relevant workplace skills leading to volunteering and employment opportunities you will learn skills that can be applied across our digital marketing platforms and horticulture and other enterprise.
Learning Outcome Tree
You will be able to follow your progress on the Learning Outcome Tree. You will gain leaves for each outcome achieved to attach to the tree allowing you to follow your growth and development. The tree provides an opportunity for you to see progression and to encourage you on your journey towards new skills.